Frequently Asked Questions

I’ve never heard of a “land lease” before. What is it?


Land leases are secure Site Agreements where you own your home but lease the land it’s built on. They are protected by your state’s Residential Land Lease Act.

How secure of an investment is the land lease?

Because Green Wattle Villages must comply with all government legislation under the Residential Land Lease Act, land leases agreements are one of the most secure property investments you can make.

Is Green Wattle Villages authorised under The Local Government Act?

Green Wattle Villages is an approved long-term site under local government regulations.

What should happen if Green Wattle Villages is purchased by another organisation?

Even if Green Wattle Villages were to be purchased by another organisation, your investment is still fully protected by local government regulations. It is impossible for your agreement to be terminated without your consent.

As a resident living in Green Wattle Villages, what land-based fees am I responsible for paying?

Zero. You pay no land-based fees. No council or water rates, strata or body corporate.

How much will I pay in stamp duty?

Nothing. At Green Wattle Villages, you pay zero stamp duty on homes purchased through a secure land lease agreement.

What fees am I responsible for paying?


Homeowners are responsible for site fees and usage for electricity, gas, water and any other user pays services like the internet. The are no body corporate fees to pay.


Am I eligible for governmental rental assistance at Green Wattle Villages?


For information on rental assistance, visit:

What age do I need to be in order to move into Green Wattle Villages?

Green Wattle Villages has been specifically designed for Australians over 55.

What is the application process for moving into Green Wattle Villages?

When applying to purchase a home, new residents will be interviewed by a Green Wattle Villages associate. And police checks will be conducted. Agreements stating that you understand all community rules will need to be signed prior to moving onto the property.

What if I decide to sell my home?

Homes can be sold through private sale, licenced real estate agent, or through the operators/management of Green Wattle Villages. And because you own the home, you keep 100% of capital gains earned.

Will I be charged an exit fee?

Green Wattle Villages does not charge an exit fee.

Can I leave the home to family or friends?

Yes. That is always an option at Green Wattle Villages.

Are my friends and family welcome to stay with me?

Absolutely. Short stay guests are always welcome. And no visitor fees apply.

Are there restrictions on the use of common facilities?

Homeowners and their guests enjoy unrestricted access to all of our common facilities during posted hours of operation. Children must be accompanied and supervised at all times and homeowners are considered responsible for their guests.

How does parking work inside Green Wattle Villages?

All vehicles, whether belonging to the homeowner(s) or visitors, must be parked on the driveway at all times. At no time are vehicles to be parked on, or encroach community roads. Designated visitor car spaces are also available.

Can I work on my car on the driveway?

Vehicle maintenance is not permitted to be carried out within the community.

Are there restrictions on the type of house I can build in Green Wattle Villages?

All homes must be provided by approved Green Wattle Villages suppliers.

Can I add things like a carport or shed to my home or yard?

Items like carports, garden sheds and clotheslines are supplied as part of your complete home package in compliance with applicable local and state government regulations. Additional items or alterations must be applied for and approved in writing by the Community Operator.

Where do I get my mail inside the community?

Mail is delivered directly to your home by Australia Post.

Can I have someone else live in my home?

Only people listed as occupants on the Residential Site Agreement are permitted to live inside the home. Moving additional occupants into the dwelling requires the Community Operator’s consent and the amendment of the existing Residential Site Agreement.

Are pushbikes allowed?

Pushbikes are definitely allowed inside Green Wattle Villages. In line with RMS requirements, helmets must be worn at all times. And children on pushbikes require adult supervision. Skateboards and rollerblades are not permitted.

Can I have a boat or caravan at Green Wattle Villages?

Storage for caravans and boats is provided at Green Wattle Villages. Subject to availability.

Begin your journey with us

Contact Us

Ready to start the next exciting chapter of your life at Green Wattle Villages? Get in touch today.